Thursday, July 30, 2009

[C++] Which database and how to connect?

I'd like to develop a Windows application in C++ which uses a database for storing and receiving information.





However, I don't know which database software to use. I've been searching the internet for about a week to see which database has preference in C++, without result.





My question: which database do you prefer when programming in C++, and do you have a tutorial/documentation for connecting to this database within C++? (I noticed internet is short of tutorials for databases%26amp;c++)

[C++] Which database and how to connect?
C++ has no preference for any database (or visa versa) so you should use other reasons for choosing one over another. You are working on windows so practically every database is supported.





Sqlserver is widely used on windows though I am not sure if it is free or not. MySQL and postgreSql are supported and free. There are loads of web resources, books, etc., devoted to any of the above.
Reply:mysql server. there's tons of turorials on web.


No comments:

Post a Comment